This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s been a long time since I’ve had the chance to craft and I’ve been itching to do something creative. I’ve always wanted to make a leather clutch since I got my Cricut Maker machine and I finally had the chance to make one. This was an easy Cricut project which is perfect for me as I’m still a Cricut beginner so if you’re new to using Cricut, you will be able to make this one without any headache. Here’s how to make a leather clutch bag with Cricut Maker.
How to Make a Leather Clutch Bag with Cricut Maker:
I posted a quick tutorial on TikTok, you can watch it here. But here’s the step by the step instructions.
- Open Cricut Design Space.
- Search “Fold Up Leather Case”.
- Select “Make it”, if you’re advanced you can choose to customize it.
- Select “Make it”.
- On the “Prepare it” page, select “Mirror me”.
- Select “Thin Leather”.
- Select “Scoring Wheel Tip Blade”.
- Attach the Cricut Genuine leather on a Cricut Standard Grip mat, face down.
- Follow the instructions in Cricut Design Space for the next steps to start cutting.
- Once cutting is completed, remove two pieces from the mat.
- Fold the leather material into the shape of the clutch.
- Add a little glue to the sides of the bottom of the clutch, be careful to ensure it doesn’t smudge.
- Press it or place a heavy item over it for a few minutes while the glue dries.
- Repeat on the other side.
- You can also glue the string wrap at the opening of your clutch.
- Allow drying.
- Voila! You have a new clutch bag.
I hope this tutorial of how to make a leather clutch bag with Cricut Maker was helpful and you enjoy crafting with your Cricut Maker machine. I’m going to be back with more of the fun projects we’re working on.